Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Imagination is Willing, but my Spirit is Weak

My imagination can flare up at the worst of times. For example, I was trying to work on something rather important and I was compelled to go through Genesis and write down all the names of the characters or people, if you fully believe in Biblical Inerrancy. Anyway, I've got some already and I think I'll use some of them in a new project I'm working on. It's kind of like a new World War II-ish, Exodus-ish post-apocalyptic distopia where the Hebrew people are getting persecuted again. I think there will be a girl and boy main character and they'll fall in love while fighting for religious/literal freedom, blah, blah, blah...

Anyway, it's setting my imagination off the charts and keeps distracting me from what I should probably be doing....

Aw, who cares!

Here are some of the names I've listed down from Genesis:

Boys:
  • Adam
  • Cain
  • Abel
  • Methuseah
  • Mahalalel (such a fun name!)
  • Seth
  • Jabal
  • Jubal
  • Jared
  • Noah
  • Japeth
  • Mehujael

Girls:
  • Eve
  • Dinah
  • Zillah
  • Naamah
  • Adah

It's sad how there are so many names for the guys and so few names for the girls. Oh well: it's the Bible so I can't question it (apparently).

Thanks for reading and I wish you lots of hugs and chocolate! :)

<3, RS

P.S. Try saying "Mahalalel" five times fast just for fun!
P.P.S. Comment and send some stuff in, please! See this page for rules and other important things of great importance!