Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Imagination is Willing, but my Spirit is Weak

My imagination can flare up at the worst of times. For example, I was trying to work on something rather important and I was compelled to go through Genesis and write down all the names of the characters or people, if you fully believe in Biblical Inerrancy. Anyway, I've got some already and I think I'll use some of them in a new project I'm working on. It's kind of like a new World War II-ish, Exodus-ish post-apocalyptic distopia where the Hebrew people are getting persecuted again. I think there will be a girl and boy main character and they'll fall in love while fighting for religious/literal freedom, blah, blah, blah...

Anyway, it's setting my imagination off the charts and keeps distracting me from what I should probably be doing....

Aw, who cares!

Here are some of the names I've listed down from Genesis:

Boys:
  • Adam
  • Cain
  • Abel
  • Methuseah
  • Mahalalel (such a fun name!)
  • Seth
  • Jabal
  • Jubal
  • Jared
  • Noah
  • Japeth
  • Mehujael

Girls:
  • Eve
  • Dinah
  • Zillah
  • Naamah
  • Adah

It's sad how there are so many names for the guys and so few names for the girls. Oh well: it's the Bible so I can't question it (apparently).

Thanks for reading and I wish you lots of hugs and chocolate! :)

<3, RS

P.S. Try saying "Mahalalel" five times fast just for fun!
P.P.S. Comment and send some stuff in, please! See this page for rules and other important things of great importance!

No comments:

Post a Comment