Monday, October 15, 2012

Bible Reading: Day 6

I managed to read all of Leviticus two nights ago. Thank God that's over! Well, I was right: it was mostly God telling Moses what to do and where to place things to make them holy and other stuff like that. The only thing that I found interesting was the fact that Aaron's sons got annihilated when they were performing an unauthroized offering to God. Now, in modern perspectives, the rest part of the Bible is just filler, or fluff as my friend likes to call it. Now I'm about halfway through the Book of Numbers, which, again, is more filler. It's supposed to be about Moses calling every available tribe in the surrounding area (did I get that right, faithful religious viewers?). I should get it done by tomorrow or the next day, then I'll be one book closer to finishing the Pentateuch! For those who have no idea what the Pentateuch is, it's the first five books of the Bible. Fun fact: the Pentateuch, otherwise known as the Torah, means "the Law", which explains all the "boring filler" about God telling Moses what to do. The next book after the Pentateuch is the Historical Books, which go more into historical accounts of people after the time of Moses.

Anyway, I thought you'd like to know my progress. If not, too bad. ;)

<3, RS


3/73 BOOKS



No comments:

Post a Comment