Friday, May 3, 2013

This Made My Day



So today, I was just going about my day, pretty sure it was going to be another crappy day, since I was rushing to get to class on time after I wheezed up many flights of stairs. Then, on a break between classes, one of my fellow classmates that I don't see in a regular basis and don't usually hang out with handed me a note. I read it and, to be honest, felt a bit better about myself.

You want to know what it said?

It said something to the extent of how I'm beautiful on both the inside and the outside. Even though the slip of paper was for a student cabinet election, it really got to me. For once, I felt like someone important -- not that I think I'm a complete waste of life; my friends keep me depressed-free for quite some time, of which I am thankful for. It's just, I finally felt important to everyone else.

So, I did something I haven't done in a long time: I let my hair down, instead of putting extra time and effort into tying my hair back up in a ponytail so I couldn't see/feel it "get ugly" by frizzing up to its sleek silkiness. And you know what? Someone actually told me that my hair looked pretty when it was kept down. This and the note from earlier made my somewhat-crappy morning into a better, more beautiful day.

So, thank you, that certain someone who gave me that note that changed my entire day. I have no idea if you're reading this, but I just want to let you know that I appreciated that random act of kindness. :)

<3, RS

No comments:

Post a Comment