Monday, July 15, 2013

A Potential Opportunity

Hey, guys. Ever since I could read and understand the familiar shapes of words and sentences and paragraphs, I've enjoyed creating stories of my own. Even now, I still love to write stories and try to create (and fail to finish) potential realities and try to tell stories that haven't told before. But, looking at it as a career perspective, it won't pay any of the bills (at least, not until I've sold my first bestseller ;)). So, with that in mind, I've looked at another potential opportunity for a future job where I would have to work hard without being stuck at a soul-sucking corporate desk job that will drain the fun out of my life. You want to find out what it is? Too bad. You have no choice.

I want to become a voice actor.

 
Why I chose this career option is because of three things about me:
  1. I used to be in a bunch of school plays when I was younger. I liked pretending to be someone else and being part of an active story (there's the writer in me). Although, I stopped being in anymore plays because of the over-excessive homework and because I was burnt out of having to practice blocking, and lines, and choreography over and over and over and over. I suppose it's the same for being a voice actor, but I can't know that for sure. Plus, I'm not performing in front of an entire audience of people (unless I'm at a convention with a live mic and hundreds of people staring at me :/).
  2. I've always enjoyed watching cartoons, especially now. Whenever I watch a series of cartoons, I always try to pick out the actor's voice behind the character and see what other shows they've done and eventually distinguish their voices from any cartoon show. It just seems like a fun concept to me to inhabit the personality and voice of a certain character and bring it to life using your own vocal chords.
  3. I feel like I'm pretty good at changing my voice to fit certain beings. For example, I can imitate a cat's meow in at least two different tones and hissing. If I eventually watch a character from a show and listen to the way they speak at least a couple of times, I can almost imitate it perfectly. Well, I'm kind of blowing myself up a little bit (a lot), but I feel confident enough that I can stand up to the challenge of becoming a voice actor. All I need to do is go through more Drama courses and work on my vocal chords so they can be the best interchangeable vocal chords they can be.
 
Anyway, I've said enough for one day. I hope you have a fantastic rest of the morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you may live. :)
:heart:, RS
 
p.s. This looks really fun, too!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBzRmWeC6Ds

No comments:

Post a Comment