Monday, June 3, 2013

More Creative Upchucking!!! :D

Last night, I wrote this. Not going to say anything more. Just read it.

Enjoy.
<3, RS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                I taste the griminess of the ancient wood floor in my breath. With ragged breath, I push myself up to a meager sitting position. It’s freezing up here, the bitter wind tearing through my skin right through my bones. I crawl to the nearest wall, and lean against it, trying to catch my bearings. From where I sat, I could see the faint borders of the trapdoor that the crone pushed me through, a door that could only be operated from underneath. No good trying to pull it open from my end. The wood paneling of the floor was filthy, confirming my observations from my face-to-face encounter. Some scraps of hay were blown around the floor, the vague possibility of others before me.

                I pulled myself up the wall, using the eternal curve as a support system. I saw the lone window that the cold wind was coming through. It was only a couple of feet away from me. I grabbed the bricks of the wall and pulled myself along, my legs following weakly. The wind blew my hair away from my face as I got closer, sending my tattered skirts dancing wildly. Finally, I saw sunlight. I almost jumped out the window to grab a ray of it in my arms. I stopped when I saw where I truly was, suspended a hundred feet in the air. The crone locked me away in my tower, like in the stories Mother used to tell…

                Mother. I had no idea if she or my sister had survived. Even my childhood friends lay in the testy hands of Fate, waiting to be thrown into the unknown. I let myself collapse back down to the disgusting floor as I open my mouth and release the purest of sadnesses that have and ever shall be on this earth. I cried out my sadness, my fear of the unknown, my raw anger towards the crone and towards my current situation. My body convulsed with every heart-wrenching, soul-poisoning sob. I was so hopeless that I barely noticed when I steadily lost consciousness and fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment