Thursday, April 4, 2013

Well, this week just gets better and better...

Roger Ebert
6/18/1942 - 4/4/2013

Yes, as you may have heard by now, Roger Ebert, the most famous and beloved movie critic in Western Civilization, has passed away earlier today. This is depressing me even further with the previous death of Richard Griffiths because, even though I wasn't really a fan of him and his reviews, I'm slowly realizing that the things that were once great are slowly being taken away from us. I mean, Richard Griffiths was the living definition of Uncle Vernon from JK Rowling's head, and now that's gone, taken away from us in a matter of seconds. And with Roger Ebert gone, I feel like some of the greatness in the world is slowly being corroded to the point where all that will be left in the future are the Toddlers and Tiaras brats and more airheaded a-holes from the Bachelor(ette) and Jersey Shore.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, GOD??!! WHY HAST THOU TAKEN ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD AWAY FROM US???!!!

I'm sorry. I'm just trying to deal with the weekly deaths of the Great Human Beings that Made this Planet Awesome (GHBMPA).
On a more non-depressing note, if you say the acronym I just made up, it sounds like you're sneezing. :)

Anyway, good-bye Roger Ebert. The world of movies won't be the same without you...
<3, RS

p.s. here's a lovely sendoff to Ebert via the Nostalga Critic. Enjoy tearing up beside him in the last couple of minutes of the video: http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nostalgia-critic-farewell-to-roger-ebert-6564382

No comments:

Post a Comment