Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thanks, Benjamin Franklin, for your "Best" Invention Ever...

Many years ago, Benjamin Franklin suggested the idea of daylight savings, but was shut down for the thought that it would be impractical. It was brought up again much later (during World War I, to be exact) and was put into standard life to today and beyond. Since it's time again for us to pull the clocks back an hour (or forward, I can never really tell), I have to put my say into this revolutionary idea:

It's the dumbest thing Benjamin Franklin ever invented. EVER.

The reason I say this is because of two reasons:

1. I don't like change, especially if it's a split-second change
2. I'm not a morning person. AT. ALL.

I have never liked change, and I certainly won't feel differently about it in the future, so turning the clocks forward (or backward, whichever way it is now) will mess up my sleep schedule. This brings me to my next point: on Monday morning, I'll have to wake up at 5 in the morning when the clock says it's 6. Now, I know that there are some people I know that wake up even earlier because they have some sort of sports meet or they live far away from school, but really, is it worth all that much suffering just so we can have the clocks match the times when the sun rises and sets? The pre-historic hominids didn't need it, the people in Ben Franklin's time period need it, and we the people of the busy 21st century don't need to wake up an hour earlier.

SPRING. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS. SUCKS!!!

Have a good night's sleep, y'all, because it'll be one of the last tender, good-night's sleeps you'll have for a while (or for the first week of the new daylight savings, until you get adjusted to e new sleep schedule).

'Night, ducklings!
<3, RS

No comments:

Post a Comment