Sunday, September 30, 2012

Haiku-palooza!!

Yesterday, I felt bored and didn't really want to do anything, so I did the most logical thing and wrote two full pages of haikus. For those who have no idea what a haiku is, it's a kind of poem with only three lines, the first line is only five syllables, the second line is seven syllables, and the last line is back to five syllables. For example:

"Stars, shining brightly,
Sending light down to Earth,
From miles away."

So, in the spirit of this newborn blog of creativity, I'm going to share some of the ones I created with you. Hope you don't mind!

"Music eases stress,
It helps our minds wander free,
I love that sweet sound."

"Words, flowing out my,
Mind down to my pen, telling,
A story for all."

"Ninjas, silent in,
The shadows, invisible,
To the human eye."

"Books, mountains of,
Wonderful tomes of knowledge,
I'm living the dream."

"Unicorn ponies,
Making the world awesome with,
Their magical horns."

"Floating on the Seine,
Gazing deep into his eyes,
I am full of bliss."

Anyway, that's enough from me. I want to hear what YOU have to say. I offer you to write a haiku or two and send it to me and I'll post some if there are enough submissions. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

<3, RS

No comments:

Post a Comment